Sunday, November 14, 2010

Visit from Grandma


This past July my Mom came to visit. I wish I would have taken more pictures with my camera. Good thing I can always count on my Mom to take a TON of pictures. She always told me that one day I would thank her for torturing us with her little photo shoots... It's true. I love looking through her photos and it seems like I always forget my camera. Thankfully she sent us a whole bunch of photos from her trip, I just don't have many pictures on my computer, so this post only has one photo, which was taken with my cell phone and isn't the best quality. Sorry!

My Mom was supposed to come to the beach house with us, but she had Typhoid fever. What's that you ask... who in the word still gets Typhoid fever? My Mom does! In June, she and my Dad went on vacation to Peru. Apparently my Mother had a lapse in judgement because she decided to go cliff jumping into a lake full of parana. You know, because their tour director told her they were docile. Just in case you need a little refresher, this is what a pirana looks like.

I don't think docile and parana should go in the same sentence. Their are a couple of rules you follow when you go to Peru... 1) DO NOT DRINK THE WATER, and 2) DON'T SWIM WITH PARANA. She already got bit by a fish before, you would have thought she would have learned. At any rate, my Mom decided that it looked fun to swing off of a rope swing into the parana infested water, once she got swinging she started to have second thoughts, but there was not turning back. She screamed the entire way down. Needless to say her mouth was wide open as she plunged into the water. She broke both rules in a matter of seconds. She didn't get bit by a parana, but she did come out of the experience with Typhoid fever. I won't go into detail, I will just tell you that she was incredibly sick. She was hospitalized and never made it to the beach house.

We were able to change her plane tickets so she could still come visit us during the summer. We had an absolute ball while she was here. It was very hard to say goodbye when it was time for her to fly back to Idaho. Both of the boys cried, as did Jesse and I. I think having her here this summer was the boys favorite memory. They had so much fun swimming, going to the aquarium, walking to Target, touring downtown, going on carriage rides and just hanging out at home. Thanks for coming Mom. We love you so much!!

We can't wait for my Mom and Dad to come for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Shannon Dooley said...

You look like her. I love your writing! I am so sorry your Mom got sick but reading this post, I couldn't help but LOL.