Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My trip to Charleston





I just got home from my trip to Charleston SC. It was so beautiful. I went for work and was really able to learn a lot. I spent almost a week there doing some training for my new job. For those of you who don't know, I work from home for a plastic surgeon who specializes in micro surgical breast reconstruction of breast cancer patients. I was able to follow Dr. Massey around while she did consults, hospital rounds and I was even allowed to go in the O.R. We had a surgeon there from Paris who worked with Dr. Massey to do some lymph node transfers. It was pretty cool to watch this ground breaking surgery being performed. It made national news. It was a really great experience. I learned SO MUCH. We worked very hard while we were there, but we did carve out some time to see the sights. Dr. Massey's home is located right on the water with a really beautiful view. We saw dolphins while we were standing right off of her terrace. We also went to market street and did some shopping at the market. We ate at some of the very best restaurants. It was a lot of fun, but it definitely feels good to be home. I got really homesick. I miss my boys and my husband so bad when I am away.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I am glad you had fun! It is hard to leave your kids though, as much as you want to leave them. I hope your new job goes well!

Holly said...

How fun! Little trips are always fun, but you are right... always so good to be home. :)

Judy said...

What a wonderful experience for you. Your boys are so adoraable. How are your parents doing. I miss all my friends from IONA!

Kendra , Eric, Parker, Kinzley Larsen said...

Well it sound like you learned a ton!! Next time we need to go on a trip!!Haha.... I am so sore from the killer run!!! Man you are awesome!!! We make a darn good team!!!

Nancy said...

What an awesome thing that you get to do for work. I am glad that you had such a great time. I would have missed my hubby and girls too.

Kacie and Jake C. said...

What a fun trip! That is cool that you get to do stuff like that and be able to do hands on learning. There definately is no place like home.